The Dubbo Region is bursting with fun, family-friendly activities that allow you the opportunity to disconnect from your screens and re-connect with your family. With plenty of wide open spaces to explore and outdoor adventures to conquer, the Spring school holidays is the perfect time to visit!
We’ve put together some handy travel tips to help you plan the ultimate school holiday escape and make your trip to the Dubbo Region truly memorable.
2. Make sure you book ahead of time for attractions, accommodation and restaurants so that you’re not disappointed! We’d love for you to experience all of the Dubbo Region in the safest way possible, so please make sure you book online or over the phone in advance to make sure you get to see everything on your bucket list! For dining out, it’s also best to book in to make sure your table is reserved for you and you get the best experience possible.
3. Bring a lightweight jacket for the evenings – night time temperatures can get down to 6 degrees, however the days are a beautiful 21-25 degrees on average, so you’ll be comfortable in short sleeves for outdoor day time activities.
4. Pack the bikes, scooters and helmets to keep the kids outdoors and occupied in between attractions! For the bigger kids, there’s the local skate park on Talbragar Street, the 13km loop of the Tracker Riley Cycleway (try hopping on the path just behind the Visitor Information Centre on the banks of the Macquarie River for a shorter loop), or a bike area around Wahroonga Park in South Dubbo which is great for our littlest visitors (ideal for under 5s).
5. If you have any questions while you’re in town, feel free to call in to our Visitor Information Centres for friendly advice from our local experts! You can find the Dubbo Visitor Information Centre on the corner of Macquarie Street and the Newell Highway, and the Wellington Visitor Information Centre on the corner of Nanima Crescent and Warne Street. Both Centres are open 7 days, from 9am-5pm. While you’re in there, make sure you check out the range of local produce on offer and take home your taste of the Dubbo Region!
6. While you’re here, take some time out to unplug, unwind and re-connect! Revel in time with those closest to you on a great big adventure where you can lose the city lights and reach for the stars. Enjoy our wide open spaces, larger than life experiences, beautiful park lands and perfect Spring weather.
We encourage anyone travelling to our Region to maintain social distancing practices and stay home if you are feeling unwell.