1. What We Collect
Dubbo Regional Council is committed to providing quality Services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
1.1 Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide to us directly when you use the Services. This includes:
(a) Account information. To create an account using the Services you must provide a valid email address, a username, and where applicable, a first name and last name. Your account information can be changed at any time by contacting us in writing or logging in to your account on our website.
(b) Content you submit. We collect the content you submit to the Services. This includes your username, saved drafts, and uploaded content such as text, links, images and videos.
(c) Actions you take. We collect information about the actions you take when using the Services. This includes score records and collections when playing the Dubbo Region Discovery app or associated VR games.
(d) Other information. You may choose to provide other information directly to us. For example, we may collect information when you fill out a form, participate in a competition or promotion, request support or otherwise communicate with us.
1.2 Information We Collect Automatically
(a) Log and usage data. We may log information when you access and use the Services, such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, referral URLs, device information, pages visited, links clicked, the requested URL, hardware settings and search terms.
(b) Information collected from cookies and similar technologies. We may receive information from cookies or similar technologies, to help understand user activity and improve the quality and personalisation of our Services. The majority of web browsers are set to accept cookies by default, however to can choose to set your browser to remove or reject first- and third- party cookies. This may affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
(c) Location information. We may receive and process information about your location when you choose to share such information on our Services. You can stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device.
2. How We Use Information About You
• Provide, maintain and improve the Services;
• Research and develop new Services;
• Provide customer service;
• Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, and events, and other news and information we feel might be of interest to you. You can opt out of these marketing lists at any time by clicking on the ‘Unsubscribe’ message at the bottom of our email marketing campaigns, or by requesting so in writing to email@example.com
• Monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in relation to our Services;
• Communicate with you about prize draws, winners and promotional outcomes.
3. How Information About You Is Shared
When you use the Services, certain information may be shared with other users and the public. For example:
• When you participate in the VR games, your username may be displayed on the leaderboard, which is in publicly available on the VR location site. Usernames may also be shared Dubbo Regional Council’s social media channels or our website, along with your score.
• Information submitted online through event upload submissions, forms, competition or promotional entries may also be associated with your username, email address and/or first name and last name, which may also be publicly available.
Otherwise, we do not share, sell or give away your personal information to third parties, unless with written consent or at your direction, or required by any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
4. Third Parties
• We use analytics partners (e.g. Google Analytics and Start Beyond) to help analyse usage and traffic for our Services. This includes the collection of browsing data and utilising cookies through our Google Analytics account.
• Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
5. Data Retention
We store the information collected for as log as it is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
Data collected from form fields on the website is stored on a dedicated Australian based Amazon server.
We require all persons under the age of 18 to gain consent from a parent or guardian before creating a user account.
7. Policy Updates
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
Dubbo Regional Council's privacy, copyright and disclaimer statements are designed to protect your rights and govern the use of information on this website.
We will take all reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the privacy of individuals as required by the Information Privacy Act 2009 and the Information Privacy Principles contained in that Act.
The information we collect is used to facilitate services that we provide to you. When collecting your personal information, we will tell you for what purpose we will be collecting the information and what information is necessary to access Council's products and services, including payments and transactions. We will not pass the information on to other entities without your consent unless it is required by law.
When handling your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose is securely stored, and operate secure servers to minimise the risk of unauthorised use of your credit card information.
By visiting our website, you expressly consent to the collection and use of your personal information according to Council's Privacy Management Policy.
If you think Council has breached your privacy and confidentiality, you may lodge a complaint with Council’s Information Services Branch. Council will take your complaint seriously, investigate thoroughly and provide you with a response.
INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE
You can choose not to have cookies monitor your usage of this site (not recommended).
Alternatively, if you want to block cookies for all websites, you can check the privacy settings of your preferred web browser (not recommended).
Council owns or licenses all content on this website and is protected by Australian and international copyright and trademark laws.
The content is intended for general use and information. We support the sharing of information and the use of the website content for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or review.
You are not permitted to reproduce or reuse content on this website for commercial purposes including logos and imagery without written authorised permission.
Council distributes the information on this website as a general reference source.
Whilst every endeavour has been made to ensure absolute accuracy of information, Dubbo Regional Council cannot be held responsible for any consequences resulting from misdescription or inadvertent errors contained therein including advertisements, contact details and star ratings or general website content.
This website contains links to other websites operated by organisations other than Council. The other websites are outside of our control. Links are provided for your convenience and should not be constituted as an endorsement of those sites, the information, views, opinions or standards that they provide. Similarly, the listing of a person or organisation in any part of this website in no way implies any form of endorsement by Council of the products or services provided by that person or organisation.
Despite our best efforts, we make no warranties that the information in this publication is free of infection by computer viruses or other contamination.
We disclaim all responsibility and all liability (including through negligence) for all expenses, losses, damages and costs you might incur as a result of the information on this website or any linked website being inaccurate or incomplete.