Skip to main content

The latest updates regarding the operation and delivery of our Region's businesses, attractions and events.

Our local businesses are now revising their current operations in accordance with the current Public Health Order to ensure a COVIDSafe Australia.

While we encourage you to support our local economy, we also remind you to please do so by wearing a mask, practicing social distancing, good hygiene, and please stay home if you’re feeling unwell (even with mild symptoms).

Stay at home rules

If you have been in the Greater Sydney region, including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour on or after Monday 21 June, follow the stay at home rules for 14 days after you left Greater Sydney.

Stay safe

As our community becomes more active and gets back to business, it's important that we

  • wear a fitted face mask when in an indoor area of a non-residential premises in NSW; at certain outdoor gatherings; if you are on public transport (including taxis and rideshare services) or waiting for public transport at a bus/train stop; in a major recreation facility such as a stadium; or if you are working in a hospitality venue or deal directly with members of the public
  • follow the NSW rules for gatherings that apply to individuals and businesses (see below)
  • maintain a physical distance of at least 1.5 metres from others
  • practise good hand hygiene
  • stay active and healthy
  • take extra care if you're around vulnerable people
  • get tested if you have any symptoms, even if they are only mild
  • stay home until you get the test result, are medically cleared, or until the stay at home period has ended.

Current restrictions for our Region

  • TRAVEL: check for any restrictions that apply to your destination before you travel to other Australian states and territories. A person must not enter Greater Sydney including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour without a reasonable excuse.
  • VISITORS: Up to 5 visitors may visit another household at any one time. The total number of visitors includes adults and children. A member of the hosting household is not counted as a visitor.
  • VENUE CAPACITY LIMITS: You may have the greater of 25 people or one person per 4 square metres at your premises (not including staff).
  • GYMS AND INDOOR RECREATION FACILITIES: A 20-person limit applies to classes or activities at a gym. Dance classes, or any other activities such as a yoga class, also have a limit of 20 people. If you are participating in a dance class or gym class, or you must wear a face mask.
  • SINGING: Singing by audiences at indoor shows or by congregants at indoor places of worship is not allowed.
    You may only sing in non-residential indoor premises if: the singers are performers and they are performing or rehearsing, the premises are an educational establishment, it is part of a singing lesson.
  • DANCING: Dancing is not allowed at a hospitality venue or nightclub. Hospitality venues include casinos, food and drink premises, micro-breweries, small bars, pubs, and clubs. For weddings, dancing is allowed at weddings for the bridal party only (no more than 20 people).
  • SERVICE OF ALCOHOL: You must be seated when consuming alcohol in an indoor area of non-residential premises in NSW. This includes hospitality venues (such as restaurants, pubs and registered clubs) and nightclubs, as well as
    outdoor gatherings or stadiums.
  • ENTERTAINMENT VENUES: If you are an event organiser or venue manager, refer to the relevant COVID-19 Safety Plan.

The above is current as of 14th July 2021. For more information, please visit

Event Cancellations & Postponements

For the latest information and updates on event cancellations and postponements, please see our Events Calendar.

Health Information

Our primary concern is the health and safety of our community and visitors. Please be vigilant in personal hygiene, social distancing and stay home if you are feeling unwell. Take care of yourselves and our community’s most vulnerable.

For more information on COVID-19, please visit

More Information

If you're a business owner, please visit our business information and resources page for more information on support available to you during this challenging period.

If you're after industry information, please visit our workforce information and resources page for more information on support available to you during this challenging period.