Demand building activities are pivotal to strengthening the City's capacity for further development. These activities include general and specific initiatives to promote a positive image and attract visitation.
Within the City Development Delivery Plan is a schedule of activities designed to drive demand and subsequently, increase visitor spend in the City. Based on tightly focussed campaigns targeting key consumer markets, the City Development team have a plan of action for the next 12 months including the following key activities and projects:
- Delivery of major destination appeal campaign (Great Big Adventures - in market 1 April)
- Support development of product bundling (Dubbo Experience Packages - trial now in market)
- Communications that target group tours markets (cycling, seniors and education markets being explored)
- Deliver actions under the City Signage Strategy (new gateway signs in production)
- Undertake strategic digital communications (activities supported via on-line - www.dubbo.com.au and social media channels)
- Production of a destination guide for visitors (Dubbo Visitors Guide)
- Event attraction activities - bidding for events (recent successes triple J One Night Stand and Country v City)
- Development of a collaborative marketing campaign targeting sporting events and conferences (in development)
- Activities under the Event Support & Development Program (including funding and promotional support)
For a full copy of the 2014 City Development Delivery Plan which includes actions aligned to the Economic Development Strategy and Action Plan download here.
The first quarter report for 2014 - January to March - will be provided in the near future.