City Development and Communications Branch
|Home > Dubbo Business Resource Centre>City Development and Communications Branch|
The City Development and Communications Branch is part of Dubbo City Council’s Corporate Development Division.
The Branch is responsible for actions under the City Development Delivery Plan incorporating actions under the Dubbo Economic Development Action Plan and the Dubbo City Event Strategy.
Key actions under the Plan are:
1. City investment: support the attraction of new investment and respond to opportunities to grow City investment.
2. Industry development: support local industry sector and the expansion and retention of city business.
3. City events: attract events and support the local events industry to maximize the City's triple bottom line (economic, cultural, social).
4. Destination management: recognise and respond to opportunities for improving City experiences, visitor offering and destination appeal.
6. City promotions: Deliver targeted campaigns to drive investment, increase visitation and positively promote the City.
View the City Development Delivery Plan for January to December 2014
How your business can work with the City Promotions Branch:
- The Dubbo City Promotions Partnership Program has a range of promotional options available to businesses including a range of online and offline marketing initiatives. Opportunities run from 4, 12 or 18 months and are geared for a range of different businesses.
- Support co-operative marketing opportunities: Dubbo City Guide, media campaigns, production of collateral and sponsorship of events
- Utilise marketing communications channels: including city website, city guides, the Visitors Centre, events and trade shows
- Access market research: including visitation profiles and economic indicators
- To participate in cooperative regional and statewide marketing initiatives: the Branch is a member of the Inland NSW Tourism organisation, Newell Highway Promotions Committee and Film Central NSW
- Reach visitors through the Visitors Information Centre
- Event support and promotion: assisting event organisers from bid to bed
- Access to images and editorial: providing information on Dubbo that helps sell the City and your business
- Involvement in business development: the branch supports ‘best-practice’ industry initiatives.