Dubbo produces a strong economy through business investment, increased population and employment growth.
The Dubbo Economic Development Strategy
The Dubbo Economic Development Strategy 2017 outlines the overarching economic goals and visions of the City and provides a five-year framework to inform projects and activities to promote a sustainable, forward-moving economy.
The Strategy recognises the City's strengths and opportunities and includes sub-strategies concerning areas of:
- Infrastructure development
- Mining and mining services expansion
- Tourism destination development
- Transport and distribution expansion
- Agricultural sustainability and diversification
- Regional service centre development
- Workforce and skills development
- Advocacy and leadership development
- Business investment and attraction
- Business retention and expansion.
The Strategy was developed in conjunction with the Dubbo business community.
The Dubbo Economic Development Action Plan
Economic Development Action Plan 2016-2017 (497 KB)