What is the Business Development Grant?
Open to any and all registered businesses who attend at least one of the two Program Workshops. The Business Development Grant has been designed to support local businesses that have identified opportunities for development, innovation or expansion in their business.
How much is available?
Three Business Development Grants are available through the Great Business Program, each Grant is valued at $10,000.
How do I apply?
Complete and submit the Business Development Grant Application Form.
When are applications due?
Thursday, 20 July 2017.
How and When are the winners judged and ANNOUNCEd?
Applicants will be asked to articulate how they would use Business Development Grant allocation to improve or expand their business. The nominated ‘project’ could consist of multiple projects to the value of $10,000, or it could supplement a larger project.
Applications will be judged on:
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of business needs and/or customer insight ( /40)
- Measurable impact of $10,000 investment in business ( /30)
- Level of creativity or relevance of idea to expanding/improving business/growth opportunities ( /40)
Announcement of Grant recipients
Successful applicants will be announced on Thursday, 3 August 2017 at the Dubbo Chamber of Commerce breakfast. Venue to be advised.
business Terms and conditions
By registering your business to participate in the Great Business Program, you agree to the following:
- The Program is an initiative of Dubbo Regional Council;
- The administrator of the Program is Dubbo Regional Council, Civic Administration Building, Church Street Dubbo, phone 6801 4000;
- Instructions on how to enter the Program form part of the conditions of entry;
- By entering this Program, businesses agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (and by any other requirements set out in the promotional material) which may be amended or varied at any time by the administrator;
- By entering this Program you agree to have your details published;
- This Program will be handled in accordance with the Dubbo Regional Council Privacy Management Plan.
- The Great Business Program is open to businesses trading in the Dubbo LGA only;
- Minimum age of entrants is 18 years of age;
- The Major Partner, Regional Australia Bank, may enter as a participating business in the Great Business Program but they are not eligible to apply for Grant Funding. Regional Australia Bank employees are encouraged to participate in the Business Development Workshops and customer feedback components of the Program. Regional Australia Bank employees are eligible to enter the 2x $2500 Customer Draws when they make a valid entry.
- Dubbo Regional Council businesses may enter as a participating business in the Great Business Program but they are not eligible to apply for Grand Funding for the business. Dubbo Regional Council employees are encouraged to participate in the Business Development Workshops and customer feedback components of the Program, however are not eligible to enter the 2x $2500 Customer Draws.
- Businesses must complete the registration form in full and submit to Dubbo Regional Council through the Great Business Program website (www.greatbusinessprogram.com.au), by mail to PO BOX 81, Dubbo NSW 2830, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or deliver in person to the Civic Administration Building, Church Street Dubbo, phone 6801 4000;
- Payment of $285 (GST inclusive) must be made upon receipt of invoice;
- Registrations must be received by close of business 5 May 2017;
- Participating businesses must register and send a minimum of one staff member to at least one of the Business Development Workshops to be eligible for the Great Business Program Grant Funding.