Growth in population, building approvals and gross regional product has seen the City economic base strengthen. The latest figures are:
- Population growth of 1.0% over the year to June 2007. Over the period to 2031, the population of Dubbo is expected to increase an average rate of 0.8%*
- In the year to the September Quarter 2008, value of non-residential building approvals in Dubbo was approximately $44.2 million, a substantial annual increase of 182.1%*
- In the year to the September Quarter 2008, the value of residential building approvals in Dubbo was approximately $55.3 million, an annual increase of 33.5%*
- The City’s Gross Regional Product (GRP) was $1961 million in 2007/08 - an 8.8% increase on the previous year*
- The City’s labour force increased over the past 12 months by 5.4% to 21,869 persons in the June Quarter 2008, representing higher annual growth than the New South Wales average (1.9%)*.