Council will respond to all written requests/enquiries within two weeks of receipt. Whilst it is not always possible for the response to be in full, Council will provide an acknowledgement listing the action being taken and the name and telephone number of the officer dealing with the matter.
Telephone and counter request/enquiries will be handled promptly and where information is not readily available, verbal enquiries will be answered within four working days.
Complaint, request handling and reviewing decisions
Council values the opportunity complaints and requests for service give to identify areas of service that need improvement, to respond to individual dissatisfaction and to strengthen the relationship between Council and the local community.
Council guarantees to:
- Handle promptly telephone and counter requests/complaints and where information is not readily available, verbal enquiries will be answered within four working days
- Encourage members of the public dissatisfied with Council’s conduct to lodge complaints. Complaint and feedback forms freely available in public areas of Council’s offices
- Ensure that complainants who are dissatisfied with the outcome of their complaint and remain dissatisfied, are offered a review by a more senior officer
- Advise complainants of their right to complain to the Ombudsman, if the matter related to pecuniary interest issues or alleges a serious breakdown in Council operations, the Department of Local Government or if there are reasonable grounds to suspect corrupt conduct the complaint forwarded to the ICAC
- Deal with protected disclosures in accordance with its internal reporting policy